Cystic Fibrosis News Today Forums Forums Support Groups Adults​ ​With​ ​CF What are some books you’ve been reading the last month?

• What are some books you’ve been reading the last month?

Posted by William on February 3, 2023 at 8:37 am

Every month I try to finish a new book because as a writer, I try to pick up some new writing techniques that I can apply to my own writing. Recently, I finished a book in the 33 ⅓ series about the album “Boxer” by The National.

What are some books you’ve been reading recently? Do you prefer fiction or nonfiction?

William replied 1 year, 1 month ago 3 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • jenny-livingston

February 6, 2023 at 9:57 am

I think reading a book a month is a great goal! I used to read for entertainment more than I currently do — grad school has me drowning in textbooks for the time being. During the course of my classes so far, I’ve kept a list of book recommendations from my professors and classmates. I have no idea when I’ll get to them, but I look forward to the time that I’ll have the capacity to work through that list.

If you had to pick a single book that is your favorite or most highly recommended, what would it be?

• William

February 8, 2023 at 2:43 pm

One of my favorite books that I’ve read in the last year was “Shoe Dog” by Phil Knight, the founder and CEO of Nike. It’s all about his life post college and the early days of Nike. Really easy read and quite enjoyable!

• gina-michele

March 10, 2023 at 8:01 pm

Anything and everything Colleen Hoover.  She has a wonderful way of detailing and writing her characters in ways that make them relatable and endearing – so much so that I temporarily forget that they’re just characters in stories (and not real people)!

• William

March 12, 2023 at 7:56 pm

What book would you recommend to start?!