• What Is Your Sunscreen Uniform?

Posted by bailey-anne-vincent on April 26, 2021 at 12:54 pm

I am obsessed with sunscreen despite the fact I’m obsessed with being IN the sun. I love charging up like a battery, but don’t love the risk of skin cancer.

My brother, mother and sister have all had melanoma (my brother’s was very serious), and my Dad, Aunt and other relatives have had various forms of skin cancer (non-melanoma). Growing u[ in Florida in the 80’s- when baby oil was all the rage- didn’t help, but it could be genetics too.

I am always worried about SPF because I know my family has a history, AND I know CF patients are even more at risk. I have a story to share about that tomorrow, but first I wanted to ask:

What is your personal sunscreen uniform?

For example, do you apply only when at the beach, or every single day without fail? Do you apply only when outside, or also inside or in the car? Do you apply just to your face or everywhere? Do you prefer a certain brand?

Because I’m increasingly aware of “blue light”, I’m trying to be better about using SPF everyday and not just when I’m leaving the house. I made a dorky video talking about my latest favorites (if you’re in the mood), but I can also say I like to spray Pacifica SPF 45 Setting Spray on my face randomly throughout the day, but only apply the “heavy” stuff (personally loving Dr Jart Cicapa green cream with SPF 55) when I’m truly out and about because it burns my eyes. I also apply a lot to my neck and hands, but go for whatever is cheapest at the drugstore.

What about you?

bailey-anne-vincent replied 2 years, 12 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.