Cystic Fibrosis News Today Forums Forums Treating CF Regimens, Medicines, and Physiotherapy When hemopytsis interferes with your treatment routine

• When hemopytsis interferes with your treatment routine

Posted by luisa-palazola on January 29, 2019 at 1:18 pm

I’m not sure what makes my body more inclined to hemopytsis, or coughing up blood. But, it’s been a thing I’ve dealt with since puberty — and, while there’s little research to back this up, there is a correlation between women with CF, hormones, and hemopytsis (I’ll link a study or two below).

But, perhaps the reason. And, while I can go on about that. I want to talk about how hemopytsis can throw your world upside down. It doesn’t take a whole lot of blood to have to press pause. Or sometimes, press panic.

Lately, I’m learning pause is healthier. Despite, the fact that I have to stop treatments and anything that can irritate my airways and blood vessels. Pressing pause, especially on my emotions is necessary. To not indulge in the panic that comes with seeing blood.

The panic in not doing treatments.
    The worry in what may happen next.
    The triggering of past traumas related to hemopytsis.
    The fear that what if I can’t?

Press pause on all of it. And what will happen, will happen.

So my question to you is:
    1. If you are woman, do you experience hemopytsis? And if you do, do you relate it to your menstruation?
    2. Do you find panic when you literally can’t do treatments?
    3. How do you cope when you see blood?

luisa-palazola replied 5 years, 2 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.