• William

Posted by luisa-palazola on May 6, 2019 at 3:14 pm

Hey guys, we’re stoked to have William as our MCM this week. @lungspodcast is 24 years old and lives in Birmingham, England. Here are 3 things he wants you to know about HIS life with CF:⁣⁣⁣
    ⁣⁣⁣
    🎙I understand how lucky I am with my CF. I got a 1st class degree at university, I’m an animator, I do stand-up comedy, I ran the London Marathon, I have an amazing fiancée and an incredibly supportive family. Although the things I’ve done are becoming more and more achievable to people with CF, I still feel very privileged as this illness continues to keep these things out of reach for many people. My parents raised me to treat my condition every day and passed on their positivity to me. I never felt limited, I just knew that some things might take more work.⁣⁣⁣
    ⁣⁣⁣
    🎙I created my podcast Straight from the Lungs (@lungspodcast) to share real stories from real people affected by CF: patients, parents, partners, friends, medical teams, charity workers and many others. I share my experiences with CF and those of people from the UK and US to help unite a community that cross-infection separates. All the conversations are recorded remotely online but are pieced together to be part of a shared discussion. I can only go so far to explain what CF is, as there are many facets of the condition that I don’t experience, but others do. I aim for the podcast to be as inclusive as possible, whilst being a d*mn good listen. The people I’ve worked with and interviewed have helped make my proudest project, one I hope to expand.⁣⁣⁣
    ⁣⁣⁣
    🎙I run to help keep healthy. I don’t often get a runner’s high, but running does offer me the opportunity to be free, to prove that I am better than my CF. The boldest display of this was when I ran the London Marathon in 2015 in 6:40:55 – I decided to take the plunge and run not just for me, but for the many people with CF who could never run. It was an incredible experience, but running isn’t always easy for me. I ALWAYS struggle to get myself out the door, every time! Sometimes I have to be kind with myself and give myself a break – run the next day. Other times it helps to boot myself out the door.⁣

To see full post click here.

luisa-palazola replied 4 years, 11 months ago 0 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.