• Working with CF pt. 1 Sentiments

Posted by luisa-palazola on February 26, 2019 at 6:23 pm

Recognizing that working a full time job, having a full time chronic illness, and living full time life seems something of impossible. And, I am lucky enough to work from home and can accommodate my work to my life with relative ease.

But, before this position at home, I could only work part-time. I think health wise, I was doing well in my part time position. But, I was very aware of overwhelming my body and not being able to have time to take care of my body. At some point I realized that the 9-5 work schedule wouldn’t and probably won’t ever be a healthy option for me.

This is something that encompasses a lot of thoughts and emotions. I think first and foremost, there’s a sense of almost competition with your surrounding friends and family, and ultimately yourself. There’s also a sense of ineptness and its kinda crushing to know, theoretically, that for you to support yourself wholly, you would be putting your own body at a huge risk. It’s also isolating to see your friends make strides in their lives professionally and you feel at a standstill. And, then when you are doing well — which often happens! It’s kinda nerve wracking wondering what’s going to happen.

These are a couple of my thoughts with working full time. And I know for some of you this may resonate, and for others you may have advice. Let us know <3

luisa-palazola replied 5 years, 1 month ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.