• Yamely's Gonzalez

Posted by luisa-palazola on April 11, 2019 at 7:34 pm

It’s WCW and today we’re sharing Yamely’s story with CF and transplant! @happyyams is 28 years old and is from Miami, FL. Here are three things important to her story with CF. Be sure to answer her question below! ⁣⁣
    ⁣⁣
    💕 I was diagnosed at 9 months and lived a mostly normal life. I’ve had CFRD, CF related arthritis, 3 G-tubes, obstructions, anxiety, depression… You name it! But, I feel I’ve handled it all pretty well and I’m perfectly ok with how my life has played out, I’m thankful for where I am today.⁣⁣
    ⁣⁣
    💕 I was on the list for a national record breaking 54 minutes before there were lungs available. Miracle or luck? You decide. I am 1 year and 3 months post transplant and I feel the best I’ve ever felt in my life. New lungs have given me so much more than I could have ever imagined. Since my transplant, I’ve fallen in love, bought my first home, got a puppy (Lincoln) and travelled. ⁣⁣
    ⁣⁣ 💕 I’ve also opened my own Etsy shop, selling shirts and accessories to raise awareness for CF, organ transplantation and diabetes. My hope is to empower CFers with modern designs that they can wear at the gym, to clinic, or even to the park that tell other people just enough about CF to at least pull up Google and look it up. A lung design,not contagious, and salty are good hints to share.⁣⁣
    ⁣⁣
    What little things has CF made you grateful for?

Link here.

luisa-palazola replied 4 years, 11 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.