This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Paul met Debbie 1 week, 1 day ago.

• Author

Click here to read Elizabeth Rogers’ column about the downside to powering through pain to achieve fitness goals.

Do you enjoy working out? Do you struggle to take breaks when you’re not feeling well?

Paul met Debbie 
    Participant

I hate to work out, so I don’t. I think it’s unnatural, I don’t practise things that I don’t need. I don’t need to be able to row for half an hour, because I don’t live on an
    island, so I don’t practise this on a fitness rowing machine. I don’t run for 5 miles, because I never need that. I can walk for five miles if I want, and i have a car when I need to go fast.
    I do want to be able to play the piano for 2 hours every day, so I practise that. Not on a fitness piano machine, but on an actual piano. It’s a lot of fun. I also need to be able to walk our dog several times a day for half an hour each time. So I do, with the actual dog. She has a lot of fun too. And so I also walk the stairs of our appartement building as often as I need to get down and up again. There is an elevator, but I don’t use that, unless I have to carry heavy stuff.
    I keep moving around acccording to my natural needs and abilities. I find it’s easy to keep this up, because it fits my natural healthy routine and my normal needs. My body seems to fair well by this. When I overdo it, it protests. And I learn from that. By taking a break and not overdoing it again. I have a wise body. It won’t run a marathon, but that’s okay – I would never ask for that. When I am not feeling well, I adapt my activities to that. It will clear up again and than I resume my normal routine.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright © 2017-2019 All rights reserved.

©2019 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen