Cystic Fibrosis News Today Forums Forums Support Groups Adults​ ​With​ ​CF Building a Neb Station (CF and Home Decor)

• Building a Neb Station (CF and Home Decor)

Posted by bailey-anne-vincent on October 9, 2020 at 10:41 am

I talked a bit about mobility aids this week, and about pets in the home, which made me wonder about your personal interior design strategy when it comes to sickness.

Mobility aids make think of my very best friend who is an Occupational Therapist. She is constantly thinking about how to improve someone’s quality of life as an OT, and how to make their “living” feel more worth living despite seeming setbacks.

Many OTs recommend rearranging aspects of your home to fit your current needs (whether using a shower chair if you’re weak from transplant, or moving your bed downstairs if you can’t handle the climb), and I was wondering…

Has your home decor been impacted by CF?

How organized is your home for your medical needs? Any tips and tricks? If willing, I’d love to know about your “neb station” or where you house your CF paraphernalia?

jenny-livingston replied 3 years, 6 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • jenny-livingston

October 9, 2020 at 1:06 pm

For years, I’ve had what we call my “treatment corner.” I have a specific chair I sit in while doing treatments and next to it, a nightstand-turned-treatment shelf. My vest machine sits on the bottom shelf, tucked somewhat out of sight (I store my tubes and vest itself in an ottoman when not in use). My inhalers sit atop the stand in a small box, next to my nebulizer. In my kitchen, I have one entire cupboard where I store my other meds. This isn’t perfect set up, and it’s generally messier than I’d like, but it works pretty well!

I’ve seen some pretty fancy treatment carts that I’ve considered, but in my little home (seriously, it’s tiny) I think it would be far more conspicuous than my current setup.