Cystic Fibrosis News Today Forums Forums Support Groups Adults​ ​With​ ​CF Can Health Interruptions Be a Positive?

• Can Health Interruptions Be a Positive?

Posted by bailey-anne-vincent on May 21, 2021 at 8:30 am

I had surgery in late March, and I already have another scheduled for July. I know it’s needed (enormously) and I also know I knew it was coming, because I kept telling my physicians [and you guys on the forum] something was wrong and then… well, it was. This is a pattern I’m grateful to have, in a weird way, because it’s better than feeling terrible and no one knowing why.

Still, the feelings behind it are complicated. I’m exhausted and eager and resentful, all at once. I know another surgery – on top of this one- might be imminent for my cervical spine too, and I wish I could get them both over with right away, and “move on”.

Because my dance company/nonprofit is back in season, I am scheduling surgeries for our month off this summer, to try to “make it all work”. I literally take vacations only to have surgery. Surgeries are my vacations.

So, let’s reframe “interruptions” like these in the positive for a second…

What is an “interruption” in your life that turned out to be an amazing blessing?

paul-met-debbie replied 2 years, 11 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies
  • paul-met-debbie

May 26, 2021 at 12:28 pm

There are no interruptions in life.
    For and explanation see my post.