• Caregiver Shoutout

Posted by jenny-livingston on November 28, 2022 at 3:25 pm

November is National Family Caregivers Month in the US. As I reflect on my caregivers through the years, I am overcome with gratitude for their love and service. The caregiving experience is something I’m not very practiced at, as I have more frequently been on the receiving end. However, I do know that it can be both a physically and emotionally taxing role. A huge shoutout and thank you to all the caregivers out there!

Who has been a caregiver in your life? Is there a message you would like to share with caregivers this month? If you are a caregiver, what has that experience been like for you?

gina-michele replied 1 year, 4 months ago 4 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • judy-layton

November 29, 2022 at 5:45 pm

MY HUSBAND DON WHOM I HAVE BEEN MARRIED TO FOR 57 YEARS, IS MY CAREGIVER. HE HAS BEEN THERE FOR ME EVERY TIME I NEEDED SUPPORT….ABOVE AND BEYOND WHAT HE SIGNED UP FOR!!! ANY OTHER MAN WOULD HAVE LEFT ME BY NOW!!!! I OWE HIM MY LIFE BECAUSE HE NEVER GAVE UP ON ME, EVEN THOUGH I WOULD BE READY TO GIVE UP ON  MYSELF…..I LOVE HIM TO THE MOON AND BACK!!!!

• jenny-livingston

December 1, 2022 at 5:25 pm

Judy, this is beautiful! I am so happy you have Don in your life, and I am sure he feels fortunate to have you. My partner has also been someone I can lean on, and he is such a loving caregiver.

• gina-michele

December 15, 2022 at 5:45 pm

That is so wonderful to read, Judy!  As a caregiver and a wife to my husband who has cystic fibrosis, it truly touches my heart to read how much your partnership and connection with Don means to you.  I lean into my husband quite a bit as well… more than I let on!

• William

December 1, 2022 at 9:13 am

My Mom and Dad always did a terrific job when I lived with them, making sure I was always taken care of. They still help out whenever I need their help with something like insurance, because dealing with insurance will always be a little terrifying lol. My wife does a phenomenal job of making sure I stay on top of what I need to do and is always helpful when I need assistance with day to day activities if I need the help.

• gina-michele

December 14, 2022 at 8:07 am

It takes a village.  🙂