Cystic Fibrosis News Today Forums Forums Support Groups Friends and Family Changing Your Health For Someone You Love

• Changing Your Health For Someone You Love

Posted by bailey-anne-vincent on August 17, 2020 at 4:03 pm

I attended a family wedding this weekend and went to as many lengths as possible to avoid germs or close proximity to others, as well as putting anyone else at risk. It was outdoors, using masks, and taking lots of precaution… But, as with most things during this tenuous time of pandemic, it was nerve wracking and scary nonetheless.

It’s not because I fear for myself or my health, per say (I tend to be pretty laid back), but because I want to be a responsible member of society and a role model for anyone who might be watching.

This made me wonder: Have any caregivers changed their own health habits to support their loved ones?

If you love someone with CF, have you ever felt you should role-model certain health behaviors for them? Or have you made changes to your own routines to better support?

jenny-livingston replied 3 years, 8 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • jenny-livingston

August 18, 2020 at 11:24 am

Ooh, good question! I cannot answer this for myself, but I can say that both my partner and my daughter have made some MAJOR changes to their routines and health practices during this pandemic. They do it, as you said, to be “responsible members of society” but perhaps even more so, to make sure they’re doing what they can to help protect me. They also take extra care during cold and flu season and in other potentially risky situations for these same reasons.