Cystic Fibrosis News Today Forums Forums Community Spotlights 31 Days of CF 2022 Day 17 of #31DaysOfCF: The CF Community Is a Vital Part of My Well-being

• Day 17 of #31DaysOfCF: The CF Community Is a Vital Part of My Well-being

Posted by jessie-madrigal-fletcher on May 18, 2022 at 6:19 pm

Heather McCoy’s was diagnosed with cystic fibrosis at 7 weeks old on June 3, 1992. Growing up, she wanted to meet someone she could relate to. When she began going through her transplant phase, age 20, Heather started meeting more CF friends online, and finally felt surrounded by people who truly understood her. That is how Heather met some of her greatest friends.

“Having access to the CF community is crucial to my fight, because it helps me feel less alone.”

Heather, you are a valued member of this community, thanks so much for sharing your story so generously.

Now back to our CF Community: Have you been able to get in touch with the CF community? Has it helped you?

To read the rest of Heather’s story, and learn more about her life with CF, click here.

Our #31DaysOfCF initiative is running for the entire month of May. Each day, we are featuring a different story, and a different view of life with CF. To read all of the stories, visit our website.

jenny-livingston replied 1 year, 10 months ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • paul-met-debbie

May 19, 2022 at 3:40 am

Since 3 years I connected to this cf community on cfnewstoday.

It is a pleasure to share my experience with the disease (1963 build) and to read about the problems and solutions of fellow pwcf. They are all beautiful beings who handle cf in the best way they see fit.

Reading and writing about cf also helped me to apply the philosophy of nonduality on these subject matters, which even deepened my understanding and realization of this perspective on reality.

I am grateful that I can share my take on life in this way and contribute to the well-being of all. It is the least I can do after all grace that has been bestowed on me. For me and my wife Debbie, cf has presented not so much as a disease, but as a blessing in disguise for it helped me and her to go beyond the limited and separated perspective of the mind. It’s quite a dance!

• jenny-livingston

May 19, 2022 at 8:58 am

And we are so happy to have connected with you here, Paul!

• jenny-livingston

May 19, 2022 at 8:57 am

Some of my very best friends in life are people I’ve met in the CF community. I’ll never meet most of them, but that has no bearing on the depth of our connection. I’ve been involved in the online community for about 13 years now and it is such a bright spot in my life. I can definitely to relate to all that Heather shared.