Cystic Fibrosis News Today Forums Forums Community Spotlights 31 Days of CF 2022 Day 2 of #31DaysOfCF: How a CF Diagnosis Changed Our Parenting Experience

• Day 2 of #31DaysOfCF: How a CF Diagnosis Changed Our Parenting Experience

Posted by jessie-madrigal-fletcher on May 3, 2022 at 6:02 pm

Jamie Rudnycky’s family had a life with their child before the disease appeared. They spent Louisa’s first 18 months with zero issues. During tests, only Jamie turned up as a carrier, so they were told not to worry, quite a few times.

Months later, Louisa seemed to suffer constantly from colds, coughs, weight gains, and losses. They were advised to return to the CF clinic for further tests. Devastated, confused, and overwhelmed during those initial diagnosis days, what they began to see emerging was a healthy child. Louisa began to thrive despite having CF.

“While CF is scary, complicated, and time-consuming when parenting, we’ve built it into our lives rather than let it consume us.”

Thank you for sharing your story with us Jamie!

Now back to our CF Community: Are you a parent to someone with CF?

To read the rest of Jamie’s story, and learn more about Louisa’s journey, click here.

Our #31DaysOfCF initiative is running for the entire month of May. Each day, we are featuring a different story, and a different view of life with CF. To read all of the stories, visit our website.

jenny-livingston replied 1 year, 12 months ago 1 Member · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • jenny-livingston

May 6, 2022 at 9:32 am

The future is bright, indeed!

• paul-met-debbie

May 10, 2022 at 7:42 am

I am not a parent, but I grew up in a Dutch family where two of the four children of my parents were affected with cf: me and my brother Rudy, who died before I was born.

On our website I share the story of our family life and the role that cf plays in this. You can find it here. The story spans a period from 1919 up until today. Hope you enjoy reading it.

with Love,

Paul