• Posted by jenny-livingston on March 8, 2021 at 10:15 am

Hello, friends! I’ve been away the past week, both from the forum and from home. As part of a clinical trial, I had hours-long appointments at my hospital each day last week. Since the 5 hour round-trip drive between home and my hospital wasn’t reasonable to make each day, I was put up in a hotel near the hospital.

What started out feeling kind of like a fancy vacation — this is the longest I’ve been away from home in well over a year — by the end of the week felt… simply exhausting. Although that would have been a busy week for me pre-COVID, I suspect that as we slowly return to “normal” things, I’ll have this feeling quite often. I’m simply not used to doing things away from home anymore!

For now, I’m happy to be back where I’m comfy and surrounded by family, getting back into the swing of regular life.

Just for fun (while I’m still gathering my thoughts and plans for the week) I’d love to know something — anything — interesting, out of the ordinary, humorous, or odd that happened to you in the past week. 

As I was pulling out of the parking lot of the hotel one morning, a car that looked just like mine (same make, model, and color) pulled into the very spot I had just backed out of. The driver, a woman who appeared to be roughly my same age, and I smiled at each other. As I drove away, I noticed she had a Dr. Who bumper sticker (I’ve got a Tardis window decal on my back windshield). I laughed at these strange coincidences, but what’s even more strange… I later saw this same car in the parking garage at my hospital!

We have the same car, same taste in TV shows, and apparently needed to be in the same place(s) at the exact same time. Who is this woman and what else do we have in common??? 

jenny-livingston replied 3 years, 1 month ago 3 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • paul-met-debbie

March 9, 2021 at 5:13 am

Home sweet home. 😃 Good of you to partake in these trials. 👏

Regarding your request: Last 2 weeks a lot is out of the ordinary, with me taking care of a large part of the house hold, Debbie being largely immobilized due to a bad fall while walking the dog, resulting in a severe contusion of left arm and hip. Fortunately nothing is broken (we think) and with some painkillers and anti inflammatory stuff we support the well being and healing.

Some new routines have established and our dog enjoys very much the extra moments of bed rest we inserted during the day, both collapsing from mere exhaustion. It’s wonderful to see how the body works hard to repair itself and demands more rest in return. Fortunately we can give in to this completely and things improve a bit every day, though it might take some months to recover fully. Nature will not be hurried.

I am very proud of Debbie, no single complaint leaving her lips and accepting the new challenges in good spirit, and I feel privileged to support her the best I can manage. Helping her dress, walk to the bathroom at night and trying to do her hair has resulted in many hilarious situations and good laughs. Life is full of surprises. Now please excuse me, I am going in to change the bed! 💪

• jenny-livingston

March 10, 2021 at 1:56 pm

Paul, as Bailey said, your love for Debbie is always so apparent in your posts. I sincerely hope she gets feeling better soon, and I’m glad to hear that (hopefully) nothing is broken.

• charlene-cyr

March 10, 2021 at 1:26 pm

Hi,
    I am new to this bc I am in denial! I refuse to tell anyone I have CF ( except here). But it’s ok now that I don’t have that irritating cough thanks to Trikafta.
    That being said, here’s my good story! I also wear glasses and I have a expensive Rx due to lazy eye, astigmatism and recently dry eye. When I went to get my new Rx, thank god for Sam’s Club. I got quite the discount. And Then, the optical Tech gave me some Free eye drops! Just made my day! I was So happy. Just to prove, sometimes it’s the little things!

• jenny-livingston

March 10, 2021 at 1:51 pm

Charlene, this is so true! Oftentimes, it’s the littlest things that totally make my day!

I’m glad you feel like this is a place you can talk about CF. That’s exactly what this forum is for, after all! Please feel free to chime in anytime or ask questions when you have them. I’m on Trikafta as well and the benefits have been incredible. I know just what you mean about not having that cough anymore — mine has been gone for a year and I still have a hard time wrapping my mind around that!