Cystic Fibrosis News Today Forums Forums Support Groups Adults​ ​With​ ​CF Help: Parenting Is Kicking My Sick Butt

• Help: Parenting Is Kicking My Sick Butt

Posted by bailey-anne-vincent on January 31, 2020 at 10:29 am

I have had a terrible parenting week. My teenager is being a teenager and I literally feel like I’m going to crack everyday so far. It’s so hard knowing I only just got unplugged from IVs, and I have so much work to do… yet, most of my “free moments” for treatments or remembering to take meds have been spent doing full time, emotionally draining, teenage maintenance. (I homeschool, by the way, for additional context)

My kids are the most important thing in the world to me, so I wouldn’t have it any other way… But, sometimes, I can see a direct correlate between my health and my mothering schedule. I’m sure even healthy parents can see the toll of parenthing schedules on their body and mind, so I can’t help but wonder: IS it even possible to balance parenting and being a patient? Or is it a myth we tell ourselves but never talk about freely enough?

jenny-livingston replied 4 years, 2 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • jenny-livingston

January 31, 2020 at 10:52 am

Oh, man, can I ever relate to this! I love that you ask whether finding that balance is a myth. I’ve often wondered the same thing: “Am I just not doing this right, or is it actually impossible to find that balance?” So while I have no advice, know that you’re not alone in this!