This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Luisa Palazola 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

• Author

Generally speaking, cystic fibrosis (CF) is a disease mostly diagnosed in newborns and infants because symptoms are apparent and progressive in a short amount of time. Most children are diagnosed before the age of two. Click here to learn about the 10 most common symptoms in children with CF.

When were you or your child diagnosed with CF? What were some of the first symptoms you or your parents noticed?

Luisa Palazola 
    Keymaster

I was diagnosed with CF at nine years old. I was born a “healthy” baby and met all the typical weight milestones without issues, and didn’t have many respiratory problems — until I was eight years old. I developed a walking pneumonia that essentially wouldn’t go away. When I was nine, I distinctly remember the radiologist came to see me and my parents, after many doctor’s appointments, and looked at my x-ray and looked at me, saying that he thought what I had looked like “cystic fibrosis.” And a few weeks later I was getting a sweat chloride test at our local children’s hospital.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright © 2017-2019 All rights reserved.

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

©2019 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account