Cystic Fibrosis News Today Forums Forums Support Groups Adults​ ​With​ ​CF Summer and Surgery Again… Wish Me Luck!

• Summer and Surgery Again… Wish Me Luck!

Posted by bailey-anne-vincent on July 16, 2021 at 9:04 am

Yesterday I thought I was going to have port replacement surgery, but we ended up getting it working after a lot of pushing and strain. They think some scar tissue was occluding the line, and want me to consider replacing it sooner-or-later down the road (I’ll talk to CF clinic about it in a few weeks), as the type I have has a history of compromising the skin integrity, and it keeps having these scar tissue issues.

Still… crises averted! Even so, it has been a week of loooooong hospital days (leaving my house around 10 AM and not getting back until 9 PM) and I am mind numbingly exhausted. Now, this weekend, I’ll be preparing for surgery next week, which means I’ll take a very very brief break from the forum.

But I’ll be back soon! Things have been pretty quiet around here and I imagine it’s because everyone is enjoying their summer, so I want to ask:

What is your dream summer vacation? 

I honestly have had a major surgery literally every summer since we moved here 4 years ago. I am hoping next summer that record breaks. What about you? Let’s catch up on summer plans, summer feels, summer everything!

paul-met-debbie replied 2 years, 9 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • paul-met-debbie

July 18, 2021 at 6:28 am

Good luck Bailey, we hope all goes well.

We plan and hope to visit some friends and family in August, some of whom we have’t seen in more than a year. And at present we hope to keep our feet dry, since it has been raining profusely last week and the rivers in our country are filled higher than ever before. Let’s hope the dikes will hold. There has been some flooding already and the situation has been officially deemed a catastrophy.