Cystic Fibrosis News Today Forums Forums Diagnosis​ ​Info​ ​and​ ​General​ ​Questions Taking extra precautions during cold/flu season and the holidays?

• Taking extra precautions during cold/flu season and the holidays?

Posted by jenny-livingston on November 8, 2022 at 9:20 am

Here in the US, we are entering the cooler months which coincide with cold and flu season in conjunction with several major holidays. For me, this means taking even more caution when it comes to my health (this was the case long before COVID).

In addition to getting my flu shot – and now staying up to date with COVID boosters — I take measures to boost my immune system, avoid others who might be sick, and carefully choose which family/holiday functions to attend. It can be difficult to set boundaries with family and friends, especially when it comes to things I would really like to be doing, but I’ve learned that my health comes first and can generally find a good balance.

How cautious are you when it comes to cold and flu season? Do you take extra precautions when visiting with family during the holidays? How does your health factor into planning for these special events?

William replied 1 year, 5 months ago 1 Member · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • William

November 17, 2022 at 9:41 am

I definitely find myself washing my hands more and helping clean around the house some more as to get rid of germs. In regards o planning for these special events, I just try to be aware of how I feel that day and that’ll determine how long I stay at an event.