Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

With stay-at-home orders in place due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the use of telemedicine to conduct doctor’s appointments and checkups is on the rise. Learn more here.

Have you ever tried telemedicine? Do you think it is a good alternative to face-to-face appointments?

Stacy French
      Participant

I do not believe this is a good way to examine a patient. How any times has an in person visit found an issue that was not why the patient contacted the doctor? These things would never be found via the internet. Not everyone has blood pressure equipment nor a stethoscope. One can not have blood work done. So the question then becomes who are the doctors asked to respond, and what were the questions asked, and if their worldview came into play with their answer.

Paul met Debbie
      Participant

I agree with Stacy that telemedicine can of course never replace in person visits. But it can be very helpful in determining whether or not an in person visit is required. It could reduce the number and frequency of hospital visits, which can make the patients life a lot easier (and safer).

Recently I pointed to a way to do PFT at home, which is a way of telemedicine now stimulated in my country because of the covid thing. See my post here

I always minimized my hospital visits to the minimum (mostly only once a year) and kept a good e-mail or phone contact with my cf-nurses and doctors during the rest of the year. It saves me and them a lot of time and trouble.

Namaste,
      Paul

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Copyright © 2017-2020 All rights reserved.

©2020 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account