This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Jenny Livingston 3 weeks, 5 days ago.

• Author
     Jenny Livingston 
    Keymaster

Ella Balasa, a columnist at CF News Today, was recently granted early access to the “triple combo” — the latest CFTR modulator therapy from Vertex, which is currently being evaluated by the FDA.

Here’s what Ella has to say about it:

“I started the triple combo on September 23rd at 25% lung function. I have been followed at Duke for transplant, but have wanted to hold off on being listed until I gave the triple a shot. After starting, I caught what I thought to be a cold and had increased mucus and sinus draining for about 2 weeks, then it started to reduce in volume.

I use 3 liters of oxygen when exercising, and my O2 needs have been about the same so I didn’t expect much improvement after 3 weeks. But I had PFTs done and they increased 4% up to 29%! I was shocked, but so happy! I hope to continue seeing improvement as I know I still have mucus plugs in my lungs.”

Follow Ella’s journey on Instagram at: https://www.instagram.com/thisgirlella/

What are your hopes and expectations for the triple combo? 

Luisa Palazola 
    Keymaster

Love it! Triple combo is … 😉

Jenny Livingston 
    Keymaster

It’s so exciting! Every time I hear stories like this or see the research (Dr. Boyle’s presentation at BreatheCon was awesome) I get so giddy!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright © 2017-2019 All rights reserved.

©2019 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account