• Utilizing new services?

Posted by jenny-livingston on November 2, 2021 at 2:30 pm

We’ve talked about the ways in which services like telehealth have been advantageous during the last 18 months or so. Something else that has been incredibly helpful is online grocery ordering and curbside pickup. In my somewhat rural area, that service did not exist prior to the pandemic. Covid forced some changes that are very positive in my opinion. Things like this are incredibly helpful for those who are disabled, chronically ill, elderly, or who might otherwise have a difficult time getting out and about.

Have you been utilizing services like this? Have there been other changes or upgrades to existing services that you have benefitted from?

paul-met-debbie replied 2 years, 4 months ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • paul-met-debbie

November 4, 2021 at 6:33 am

We could not agree more, Jenny!

Grocery delivery is one of our favorite services. We came to know this 5 years ago when one of Debbie’s brothers discovered this. We tried it and never looked back. Needless to say that it became more than a luxury since covid.

Another change since covid is the maintenance of our hairdos. Since covid, we persuaded our barber who has her shop next to our house, to visit us at home and service our Silver-turning furs on our loggia, outside in the fresh air. Of course in wintertime this will not do, but then we fix it ourselves once or twice until temperatures become moderate again in spring.

This also applies to the trimming of our dog. Buddha’s trimmer Diana started making housecalls shortly before covid, and this turned out to be a golden move when the pandemic hit us. So, Buddha is also serviced in the loggia, and when too cold in our big hall near the staircase just outside our front door. She loves it not having to leave us and is beside herself from sheer joy when Diana visits her every 10 weeks.

Not visiting the snackbar because of covid meant no French fries or croquets for a while, something we much enjoy every now and then. And then the snackbar closed down permanently. Recently we have fixed this buying an air fryer, our latest covid-offspring. Which for now concludes our pandemic services.

• jenny-livingston

November 5, 2021 at 5:13 pm

Paul, I’ve seen a meme circulating that says something to the effect of “raise your hand if you made it through COVID without having a baby, getting a puppy, or investing in an air fryer.” Apparently those are all fairly common covid-offspring. For me it was a puppy, but we’ve had our eyes on an air fryer as well!

• paul-met-debbie

November 7, 2021 at 2:41 am

🙂 So we were all looking for a little furry airfryer then?