• Weekly Wins – tell me yours

Posted by jenny-livingston on April 15, 2021 at 10:50 am

I’ve been away from the forum while I spend time working on another project, but I want to continue sharing our Weekly Wins: a new, recurring topic meant to be celebratory and uplifting.

So tell me, in the past week or so, what is a “win” you’ve experienced? Related to CF or other areas of life; big or small; silly or profound. Tell me something that you’ve been blessed with, a thing you’re kicking butt at, or an accomplishment you’re proud of. 

My win? I’ve been trying to push myself a little more when it comes to exercise. I’ve been doing short (15 minute) HIIT workouts that have been incredibly difficult, and I’ve been able to complete several! My body is sore in places I didn’t know it could be, but I’m feeling energized and accomplished. This is a win for me!

What about you?

paul-met-debbie replied 3 years ago 1 Member · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • paul-met-debbie

April 19, 2021 at 1:58 pm

Having to take some more antibiotics for 3 weeks lately, since 2 weeks I am back on my normal regime and it seems like this stabilized all right – it’s doable at least. This is a win.

PS I had to look up HIIT workouts – I can imagine they are difficult and will tax the muscles. Good for you! For me, my muscles tend to get sour incredibly fast on overload due to bad saturation. My HIIT would look like climbing up the stairs coming home from a walk with the dog, and then collapsing on the couch for 10 minutes. If this counts too, I had 3 HIIT’s today – another win! 🙂