Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Bailey Vincent
      Keymaster

Hello, forum friends. My name is Bailey. It’s nice to meet you…… 

Just kidding. But seriously, it feels as if I have been gone for decades (though it was really just last Tuesday), as I have actually been in and out of the hospital all week. I guess it goes to show that having forum moderators with CF or atypical CF means you get the “authentic experience”, right?

My experience was intense this past week. I was actually set to go back in hospital today, by accepting a bed on the CF floor so we could continue to help me through this bout of (seemingly) kidney stone + infection + pancreatitis. However, I really turned a corner over the weekend after “starving it out” for a couple of days, and will likely let the bed go to someone else, while remembering that next time: I should make the long drive to CF clinic instead of dealing with local hospitals and suffering-it-out at home.

However, my “attacks” were so severe, that I didn’t think I could make it that far in a car at the time they were happening.

So, I guess my question today might be fairly obvious but:

When you’re in true PAIN, what type of person are you:

1. A groan/moaner (a vocalizer)

2. A deep breather + “Don’t Touch Me”

3. A “please rub my back and hold my hand” toucher 

Turning lemons into forum questions today… Play along?

Jenny Livingston
      Keymaster

I’m rarely 1, most often 2, and occasionally 3.  Randy, my partner, is very much a combination of 1 and 3.

It’s taken us a while to learn what the other wants and needs when they are sick or in pain. I couldn’t understand why he was so touchy-feely when I was struggling and just wanted to be left alone, but I eventually realized it’s because that’s what he’d want in that situation.

We’ve heard of love languages, and comforting a loved one in pain is indeed part of loving them, but I feel like we could write a book about specific pain languages.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2022 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Verify you are not a robot