• A (re)introduction

Posted by luisa-palazola on June 29, 2022 at 3:16 pm

Howdy guys!

It’s been a while since I was here — so let me (re)introduce myself! I am Luisa and I am a 28-year-old with cystic fibrosis. Like many folks, my CF story is long and full of peaks, valleys, and hills. I was actually a late diagnosis at eight years old after continuous pneumonia. I faired well until high school, where I developed massive hemoptysis (bleeding from the lungs)  and had various embolizations to stop the bleeding. I was able to go to college and finish with a degree in political science and international studies, and have traveled around the world numerous times — wavering health and bleeding, included!

And, then I started the clinical trials for what is now Trikafta and my life changed overnight. I benefit well from Trikafta, but this path to being a healthy adult has not been easy. I look forward to sharing a bit of my journey and learning from you all!

I have worked in CF and rare disease advocacy, I speak Spanish fluently and I write. I’ll be working with Jenny as a moderator here. I look forward to getting to know you all!

luisa-palazola replied 1 year, 9 months ago 3 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • paul-met-debbie

July 1, 2022 at 2:16 am

Welcome back, Luisa! Good to hear Trikafta is beneficial to you too.

• jenny-livingston

July 4, 2022 at 8:51 am

LUISA!!! I can’t express how dang excited I am that you’re back here with us! I’m also thrilled that some of our new members will have the chance to get to know you and all your loveliness.

• luisa-palazola

July 5, 2022 at 1:12 pm

Hehe, thank y’all! I am excited to be back!