Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Luisa Palazola
      Keymaster

Howdy guys!

It’s been a while since I was here — so let me (re)introduce myself! I am Luisa and I am a 28-year-old with cystic fibrosis. Like many folks, my CF story is long and full of peaks, valleys, and hills. I was actually a late diagnosis at eight years old after continuous pneumonia. I faired well until high school, where I developed massive hemoptysis (bleeding from the lungs)  and had various embolizations to stop the bleeding. I was able to go to college and finish with a degree in political science and international studies, and have traveled around the world numerous times — wavering health and bleeding, included!

And, then I started the clinical trials for what is now Trikafta and my life changed overnight. I benefit well from Trikafta, but this path to being a healthy adult has not been easy. I look forward to sharing a bit of my journey and learning from you all!

I have worked in CF and rare disease advocacy, I speak Spanish fluently and I write. I’ll be working with Jenny as a moderator here. I look forward to getting to know you all!

Paul met Debbie
      Participant

Welcome back, Luisa! Good to hear Trikafta is beneficial to you too.

Jenny Livingston
      Keymaster

LUISA!!! I can’t express how dang excited I am that you’re back here with us! I’m also thrilled that some of our new members will have the chance to get to know you and all your loveliness.

Luisa Palazola
      Keymaster

Hehe, thank y’all! I am excited to be back!

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2022 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Verify you are not a robot