Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Bailey Vincent
      Keymaster

Yesterday I wrote about music that inspires us or feels therapeutic, and it got me thinking about my other favorite medium: Movies.

I read recently that the reason some of us prefer to watch movies we’ve seen before d(uring a global crisis like this one) is because not worrying about the ending or what might happen helps with anxiety. I feel super anxious all the time lately, and was wondering…

What are your favorite Comfort Movies?

I keep avoiding violent or gory movies, and craving ones that are on the sweeter/simpler side in terms of predictability and pattern. I am normally a “movie snob”, and psychoanalyze every little thing, but right now I want Romantic Comedies and anything that ends on a vaguely happy note. Essentially, if Cameron Crowe wrote it… I’m probably watching it about now.

What about you?

Jenny Livingston
      Keymaster

Lately I’ve been finding comfort in Netflix rather than movies, and my current (perhaps all-time) favorite? Schitt’s Creek. It’s been so nice to unplug from the stresses of real life and connect with characters I truly love. And I can totally relate to wanting to watch things that aren’t stressful or anxiety inducing. I have a list of new movies and shows to watch, but I haven’t felt like I have the mental and emotional capacity to take on many new things right now, even something as simple as a new movie.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Copyright © 2017-2020 All rights reserved.

©2020 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account