Cystic Fibrosis News Today Forums Forums Support Groups Adults​ ​With​ ​CF Comfort Movies: What Are You Watching?

• Comfort Movies: What Are You Watching?

Posted by bailey-anne-vincent on October 27, 2020 at 10:39 am

Yesterday I wrote about music that inspires us or feels therapeutic, and it got me thinking about my other favorite medium: Movies.

I read recently that the reason some of us prefer to watch movies we’ve seen before d(uring a global crisis like this one) is because not worrying about the ending or what might happen helps with anxiety. I feel super anxious all the time lately, and was wondering…

What are your favorite Comfort Movies?

I keep avoiding violent or gory movies, and craving ones that are on the sweeter/simpler side in terms of predictability and pattern. I am normally a “movie snob”, and psychoanalyze every little thing, but right now I want Romantic Comedies and anything that ends on a vaguely happy note. Essentially, if Cameron Crowe wrote it… I’m probably watching it about now.

What about you?

jenny-livingston replied 3 years, 5 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • jenny-livingston

October 27, 2020 at 1:06 pm

Lately I’ve been finding comfort in Netflix rather than movies, and my current (perhaps all-time) favorite? Schitt’s Creek. It’s been so nice to unplug from the stresses of real life and connect with characters I truly love. And I can totally relate to wanting to watch things that aren’t stressful or anxiety inducing. I have a list of new movies and shows to watch, but I haven’t felt like I have the mental and emotional capacity to take on many new things right now, even something as simple as a new movie.