Cystic Fibrosis News Today Forums Forums Support Groups Adults​ ​With​ ​CF Happy Happy Moments: What Are Yours?

• Happy Happy Moments: What Are Yours?

Posted by bailey-anne-vincent on March 30, 2021 at 2:53 pm

Hello my forum friends! I’m sorry I have been absent for a few days (though I know our Jenny has certainly posted amazing thoughts and questions). I am home from the hospital after surgery and… wow, it has been an interesting ride.

It was hard being in the PACU and doing overnights without anyone allowed in the hospital (not in pre-op, when waking up, etc) due to pandemic, mostly because communicating through interpreters and writing while really loopy/dizzy from medications is stressful. I’m home now and having some troubles with other medical things (I think intubation gave me a bit of a chest infection) but SO happy to be over this latest hurdle, on the road to healing, and here with you again!

Here’s my first question to get back on the horse:

What is one of the most satiating things that happened to you in the last week?

It could be medical (a great chest clearance day or an easy blood draw) or unrelated (a yummy meal or calming sunset). Can’t wait to read and imagine along with you!

jenny-livingston replied 3 years ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • paul-met-debbie

April 3, 2021 at 3:29 am

In no particular order: We walked together in nature. Drank coffee. Went to sleep. Woke up again. I did my nebulizing. Sneeezed full heartedly. Watched the dog eat her treat. Kissed eachother. Had a sunny ride in the car. Had a haircut. Struggled up the stairs, grasping for air.
    Moments are always happy if the mind is peaceful and subsides.

• jenny-livingston

April 5, 2021 at 9:31 am

The sun has been shining and our temperatures warm. I’ve been able to do some light work in the yard, take nice morning walks with the dogs, and spend time outside with my family. Last night, we had a nice Easter dinner at home, just the three of us. During the pandemic, we’ve become quite content to celebrate holidays in the quiet of our own home. These moments and more have added up to a very satiating week overall.