• HELP Me Relax. I am Insane.

Posted by bailey-anne-vincent on August 25, 2021 at 9:15 am

Last week was weird and lovely at the same time. I was in pain, which was awful (not how someone wants to spend their big “week off”). I was sick- ended up coming down with some sort of bug-fever, and of course worried it’s because I’ve been doing more and being a little too lax around friends without masks, and thus brought it upon myself. And so on and so on.

I hate to complain [pauses to complain], but it was hard to feel sick/hurt for my last week “off” before a huge seasonal kick off of my dance company, teaching commitments, and beyond. That being said, I know you’ve all been there before. 

So here is my question for the week, to force some RELAXATION (for me, through you. Please and thanks):

What is your favorite song to play when you need to relax?

What is your favorite place to imagine when you need to relax?

And what is your favorite little-known secret for relaxation?

EXCITING PS: Also, at the risk of looking self absorbed by bragging about a beautiful bit of press: Look at what dropped yesterday! I’m so excited because it makes my complaints  here on the forum seem worth it (haha). Representation matters, so I couldn’t help but share with my forum friends! Let me know your thoughts?

judy-moreland replied 2 years, 8 months ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • jenny-livingston

August 26, 2021 at 9:45 am

I am in tears watching the video you linked to – absolutely beautiful! You have every reason to brag, my friend.

To answer your questions, I don’t have a favorite song or even genre of music when it comes to relaxations. It completely depends on my mood. Sometimes I’ll find and play a variety of meditation music playlists, sometimes I’ll hop in the car and blast pop or rock, and sometimes I dance around my kitchen to 90’s country music (after which, I feel more relaxed). Music does indeed speak to my soul and helps me relax, but I can’t even begin to pinpoint a favorite.

I hope you’ve been able to relax a bit, both body and mind.

• judy-moreland

August 26, 2021 at 8:13 pm

I love John Lennon’s “Imagine” and find it relaxing.