• Hospital/Appointment Fashion

Posted by jenny-livingston on September 2, 2022 at 5:45 pm

Back when I spent a lot of time in the hospital, I’d reward myself with a new comfy hospital outfit for each admission (at least the ones that were planned; it’s harder to buy a pre-hospital present when you’re being admitted urgently). While I generally opt for comfort over fashion, I have friends who dress to the nines for doctor’s appointments or do full hair and makeup each day during their 2-week admissions. There’s something about looking nice, even when we feel miserable, that can feel empowering.

When it comes to doctor’s appointments or days spent in the hospital, do you dress up or down? Do you go for fashionable or comfy? Does it give you any peace of mind to incorporate fashion into your medical life?

luisa-palazola replied 1 year, 7 months ago 3 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • aimee-lecointre

September 6, 2022 at 2:14 pm

I go for fashionably comfortable! I’m not about to wear jean or other ‘hard pants’ during an admission but I do like to feel somewhat out together. My go to lately is pajama sets with matching joggers and T-shirts from Lates by Kate. Pricey but worth it for me. I stick with my skincare routine but no makeup.

I also like to be comfortable for clinic visits because they are always so long

• jenny-livingston

September 8, 2022 at 10:52 am

Aimee, I’ve said it before, but I adore your sense of fashion! I think “fashionably comfortable” is perfect. I’ve heard so much about Lates by Kate but have never taken the plunge to try them. Maybe the next time I’m admitted, I’ll splurge a bit and finally give them a shot!

• luisa-palazola

September 13, 2022 at 12:24 pm

I’ll have to check out Late by Kate! But, in terms of going to appointments — I always try to dress fashionably comfortable. I think it helps me feel a little more put together during a visit. I also wonder if showing up more “presentable” makes doctors treat me a bit differently.

However, when admitted — all sense of fashion goes to the wayside!