Cystic Fibrosis News Today Forums Forums Treating CF Regimens, Medicines, and Physiotherapy Morning Routines: How Long Does It Take?

• Morning Routines: How Long Does It Take?

Posted by bailey-anne-vincent on September 17, 2020 at 5:46 pm

Wow, it has been the Week Of Nebs! I posted about nebulizer machine recommendations yesterday, and today it made me wonder: How long should treatments really take?!

What’s your fastest and longest time doing meds?
    What’s your current average?

To expand upon this a bit more and make it broader for those who might not be nebbing a lot lately… In an ideal day, how long would you take working on your health each morning?

For example, I would hope that on the other side of surgery I’d spend at least two hours on my physical self (this would include PT exercises, about an hour ballet or Pointe class, some cross-training for stamina, and lots of long stretching and muscle roll-outs), with some treatment time and healthy food choices thrown in. That doesn’t include washing my face (which is my personal meditation time, lol) and the actual To Dos (homeschooling my children, writing work, and onward).

This might seem like a really long time to be “working out”, but because dance is my career… it’s actually a very very very truncated routine compared to most professionals! (One of my favorite videos that shows this is here, if you want to check it out).

How would your dream morning look?

jenny-livingston replied 3 years, 7 months ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • paul-met-debbie

September 18, 2020 at 4:50 am

The morning routine takes as long as it takes to clean my lungs. Since I combine the nebulizing with my autogenic drainage breathing (“pranayama-meditation”), in the morning it takes me about 1.5 hours. In the evening about 1 hour.

I consider my walking our dog Buddha also to be a health routine, so another hour is added in the morning and half an hour in the afternoon (no worries for Buddha, Debbie also walks her twice!). So combined this would mean 4 hours daily.

And then there is playing the piano, which also takes quite some energy and breathing. But that feels effortless for me so I won’t add that.

Nice video by the way!

Cheers,
    Paul

• jenny-livingston

September 18, 2020 at 3:41 pm

Morning is my favorite time of day! I have energy and motivation in the morning that seems to wear off by about 2:00 pm, so I try to fit most of my essential activities into the earlier hours. I spend about 1-2 hours doing things like treatments, working out, sinus care, eating a (usually) well-rounded breakfast with my Trikafta and other meds. I might say that “ideally” I wouldn’t need to do any of these things, but to be honest, I don’t mind it. Bailey, you said that washing your face is your personal meditation time, and I feel the same way about sitting with my vest and nebs. I truly enjoy that time alone to contemplate the day, take deep breaths, and just be with myself.