• Nighttime Routines: Let’s Share!

Posted by bailey-anne-vincent on September 18, 2020 at 7:19 pm

Are you a morning person or a nighttime person?

I used to prefer doing most of my treatments and healthy steps in the evening, because I am soooo slow in the mornings… But when I was dancing and working at night, this was tricky. Often, I’d neb in the car on the way home and considered my job (teaching dance) as my evening workout, but wouldn’t get home until 10:30 or 11 PM. By then, I was exhausted, and would heat up a microwave dinner lazily and crash out.

Things have changed now that I’m not able to dance/teach, and most of my routine is at home. I wish I could say I stretch at night, do everything right, and never skip a nightly neb… but that would be lying. I am finding, however, that I like knocking out as many healthy habits in the morning versus night, which is the reverse of before.

What is YOUR ideal nighttime routine? (Inspired by yesterday’s post.) What does it include?

jenny-livingston replied 3 years, 7 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • jenny-livingston

September 21, 2020 at 12:23 pm

I’m definitely not a night owl. As I mentioned in response to your morning routine post, I like getting most things done early in the day. I like keeping it as light and easy as possible in the evenings. My nighttime routine consists of a treatment (nebs and vest), snack and nighttime meds, and a second sinus rinse followed by teeth brushing, washing face, etc. Overall, it takes about an hour.

Now, I had said that I don’t mind my morning routine at all. But in the evening? I’m sometimes resentful of how much work it takes before I can climb into bed. If we have a late night, the rest of the family can go to bed right away, while I’m still up for an hour taking care of my health needs.