Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Jenny Livingston
      Keymaster

We’ve talked about the mental health side effects of Trikafta here on the forum a handful of times. I was intrigued when I saw this article pop up on my newsfeed recently (Reducing Trikafta Dose May Ease Mental Side Effects in CF Patients). It details my personal experience almost to a tee. I am so glad to know that these mental health side effects are being recognized and that there are studies taking place to learn how to mitigate them.

Do you feel that Trikafta has affected your mental health? Have you found a dosing adjustment (or something else) to be helpful? What has your experience been with Trikafta and mental health?

Paul met Debbie
      Participant

Jenny, when reading the article I thought of you immediately!

It is good to know that these side effects are on the agenda now, and that dose-reduction can be a good solution.

Trikafta has not influenced my mental health as far as I know. Only some light changes in my sleeping pattern with occasional problems of falling asleep in the night. I noticed having more energy, mental and bodily, but I was able to apply this energy in a positive way – more writing, reading, walking mostly.

Tim Blowfield
      Participant

A good question is why? Why is TK ‘causing’ such mental health issues. With lung and bowel improvements one would expect mental health to improve as one feels better. Or is there an organic change in the brain caused by ion changes there-in. Lower chloride affecting the other ions (K, Na, Ca etc) affecting brain function? Does this suggest why Lithium works in Bipolar disorder by affecting levels of other cations?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2022 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account