• Comforting Home Remedies

Posted by jenny-livingston on December 31, 2021 at 1:27 pm

This week I’ve been battling the first virus I’ve contracted in over two years. Due to the extra precautions we’ve taken throughout this pandemic, and because those we interact with have also been more careful than ever, I haven’t gotten sick in so long!

I was tested for strep, influenza A and B, and Covid-19 and was negative for all of them. That leads us to believe this is a common cold (which we know can vary greatly in severity). I’ve been in touch with my CF team and the plan is to hunker down, do extra treatments, hydrate, rest, and generally take care of myself the best that I can and hope this passes without complication.

My question is this: what at-home cold remedies give you comfort? Do you have a favorite food when sick? Is it a specific kind of tea? When you’re feeling under the weather what (non-medical) things do you do to comfort yourself?

Also, wishing you all a very happy New Year!

jenny-livingston replied 2 years, 3 months ago 4 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • paul-met-debbie

January 1, 2022 at 4:08 am

Our best wishes for you and your family too, Jenny. And we hope you recover soon. Rest, sleep and love are the best remedies. And an empty and obedient mind. Some soft music, a tender body or foot massage and herbal tea are not bad either.

• jenny-livingston

January 4, 2022 at 8:54 am

Thank you, Paul. I am happy to report that I am doing much better now; not 100%, but getting there. My partner ended up needing antibiotics as the virus led to a secondary infection in his lungs. My lungs have been spared though, thankfully.

• paul-met-debbie

January 4, 2022 at 10:36 am

Ah, that’s good to hear about you, Jenny. We wish Randy a speedy recovery as well.

• sarais-var

January 5, 2022 at 7:40 am

Translated via Google translate: Hi, I’m Sarais, well, I’ll tell you that on September 10 I felt so bad that my boyfriend had to look for the DRA of cabesera, because my city Cienfuegos was full with covid 19, many people even died due to lack of oxygen because the country was seen with Great shortages, my oxygen saturation was low so much that I could not walk and I was very nervous because I did not have oxygen to breathe I was positive with COVID and I had a stafilocco so well my mother came urgently from Florida .. Thank God and improved with antibiotics in vein And the problem of oxygen shortages has also improved in the country and I can breathe better .. thank you

hola soy Sarais bueno le s contare que en septiembre 10 me senti tan mal que mi novio tubo que buscar la DRA de cabesera ,pues mi ciudad Cienfuegos estaba a full con covid 19 muchas personas hasta murieron por falta de oxygeno pues el pais se vio con gran escazes ,mi saturacion de oxygeno bajo tanto que no podia caminar y yo muy nerviosa pue no tenia oxygeno para respirar fuy positiva con covid y tube tan bien un stafilocco mi madre vino urgente de florida ..gracias a Dios e mejorado con antibioticos en vena y tambien a mejorado en el pais el problema de la escazes del oxygeno ya puedo respirar mejor..gracias

• daryn-body

January 6, 2022 at 7:30 pm

Hot/cold showers are a great remedy for me! Helps the body aches, congestion (cause of rapid breathing during the cold cycle) and generally resets the body. I have several herbal remedies I use as well. Of course, more rest! Thanks for sharing your experiences. Trikafta has changed the face of CF forever…

• jenny-livingston

January 7, 2022 at 5:09 pm

Daryn, thanks for the tip! And also, thanks for your kind words. Trikafta has indeed changed so many things. I hope you are doing well!