Cystic Fibrosis News Today Forums Forums Support Groups Friends and Family Loved Ones: What Do You Wish For Them?

• Loved Ones: What Do You Wish For Them?

Posted by bailey-anne-vincent on December 18, 2020 at 10:42 am

I was posting a lot about predictions heading into a new year, with the holidays fast approaching, and I started thinking about partners or caretakers.

If you had to wish for ONE THING for your loved one next year, what would it be?

If you are a caretaker or loved one, what would you wish for the person you love who is the patient? What about for yourself?

I’m honestly curious how much intersection happens between these questions and answers. Many of us hope to be less of a burden to someone we love, or to support them better, or to hope for less stress overall…. etc.

PS: Also, at the risk of being cheesy, I challenge you read to your answer to your loved one (if you feel safe doing so) after you write it, since we so rarely share our hopes and selfless wishes with those we love in the hustle and bustle of life

paul-met-debbie replied 3 years, 4 months ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • jenny-livingston

December 22, 2020 at 10:38 am

I would wish for less stress, a bit more normalcy (which is a pretty abstract concept to begin with, but I mean specifically regarding COVID), and both the time and funds travel – something we miss dearly. That’s truly all I can think of right now. I’m sure there are a million other things that would be nice or things that are are needed at times, but these wishes seem more than enough to ask for now.

• paul-met-debbie

December 22, 2020 at 1:05 pm

Wishing for some thing – or its absence – in particular is a tricky thing, because we don’t know what is good for us or others. We don’t have the big picture. Many things happened to me in my life that I would never have wished for me or anyone in advance, turned out beautifully in the end. Often, the most wonderful and benevolent things that happen to us, initially come disguised as disasters or threats. So I would not dare wishing any thing in particular – life will take care of that.

Except one. It is the perfect wish because no matter what, it will always turn out great. It will be the best answer to all questions, the best ally in all circumstances and the most abundant and constant source of joy.

I wish for everyone to have Peace of Mind.

Paul

ps I accepted your challenge and Debbie fully agreed.